June 1, 2010

The Drive Through...

When you go to a fast food place and you take the drive through since you are in a rush. Well here is another Silent Moment.
 Sometimes drive through are alright for me and other times they are useless.
Luckily I have two awesome brothers who help me hear! The other night my brothers needed something to eat and needed to get home so I took the drive through. If I was alone I think I would have freaked out and maybe drove out. Mainly because I could not understand the person. Since my brothers were with me and they have perfect hearing I turned to them and I relied on them. My little brother turns to me and says "say yes". For most people these things are easy but people that have hearing aids or even cochlear implants they have a harder time. I have to work my brain to understand what they say. Sometimes I try to picture the persons face so I can pretend I am reading their lips to make things sound little more clear. It is the same with the phone. When it is my family I can picture them perfectly but when I am at work and they ask me to call some other company I take a deep breath and try not to freak out. I am just going to have to keep trying and see how I do.

  These are some of my Silent Moments.

5 comments:

  1. David I feel the same way about drive through windows. They may always be a bit challenging for us CI users but I figure our family won't let us go hungry. :o) EllenBR

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your blog. :) You are amazing. Cant wait to see you guys soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your "silent moments" It helps me understand your view of the world. Thank you so much for that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comments. :) Ellen: That is right they won't let us go hungry. I am trying to go through them...but only when someone is with me. I don't think i am ready to go alone.
    Valerie: Thanks and now we will see you guys in Spet.!!
    Katie: Thanks again.

    -David

    ReplyDelete
  5. Collin hudsonDecember 31, 2010

    Sorry I have been out of touch man! You are amazing keep standing strong!!

    ReplyDelete