November 11, 2013

Broken Moments

 




Just finished building my master piece, with blocks, it was perfect. It was nice and tall. Then my sneaky brothers came and knocked it all down. Frustrated, I started all over. I re-built it, added new cool things and made it even bigger. Despite the fact that it was all broken just moments before...I was able to refine my master piece. I don't know about you but that was a lot of my childhood growing up with two younger brothers.


  I kept thinking about that story and how it applies to my life today. We all at some point feel broken whether it can be physical, emotionally or spiritually broken. With my hearing loss I thought my life was shattered into tiny pieces and could not be fixed. I was frustrated, lost confidence in who I am and struggled with my faith. But, from loving parents and inspiring friends I learned that I needed to take this broken moment and let God re-build and refine me. Although I have been dealing with my hearing loss and wear Cochlear Implants for 14 years...I still have broken moments at times. Each time I do it is a reminder that I am constantly being refined into something greater. It is not easy but with God I can do all things. I have learned that when we have those broken moments...it is how we react to those experiences that count. I found that dealing with broken moments with a attitude of "What can I learn? or How can I grow?" To be much easier than having a negative attitude.

One of my favorite songs is:
 "When Faith Endures" 
"I will not doubt, I will not fear;
God's love and strength are always near.
His promised gift helps me to find
An inner strength and peace of mind.
I give the Father willingly
My trust, my prayers, humility.
His Spirit guides; his love assures
That fear departs when faith endures."


I pray that we will all grow from the broken moments that we find ourselves in. I invite you to pray and ask God for help. If you never prayed before then this is the perfect time to do so. It is really easy and simple. Here is a example: "Dear God or Heavenly Father, say whats on your mind (what are you grateful for, what do you struggle with and what help do you need?) then you can close by saying amen." I personally like to say "Dear Heavenly Father" because He is the father of our spirit or souls. He loves us so much. He wants us to talk to Him and ask for help and share what is going on in our life. He knows how to fix broken things. At the end I say "In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen" because Jesus Christ died for us that we might be forgiven and strengthen through His grace. I love to pray as I feel peace and comfort when I feel broken or when I want to share about what a good day I had. God loves to hear His children.